Barum and Dewar Limited ("us", "we", or "our") operates www.barumanddewar.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
This privacy notice details how personal information is managed at Barum & Dewar Ltd in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR legislation took effect on 25th May 2018.
Barum & Dewar prides itself on business relationships. In order to maintain and grow these relationships it is necessary to communicate with a range of individuals throughout the companies that we work with.
For the purposes of communication with our customers and supply chain the following personal information is requested for individuals involved with our business relationships:-
Full name, e-mail address, business address, business telephone numbers.
The Personal Data described above is held on our secure servers.
To enable communication using mobile technology, Personal Data may be transferred to laptops and mobile phones. All company owned laptops and mobile phones are pass code protected to maintain data security.
We do not share or distribute any Personal Data that is provided to us. The Personal Data detailed above, as provided by individuals representing our customer base or supply chain, will not be subject to further processing.
The Personal Data provided to us will be used solely for the communication of matters relating to the business conducted between us and the company that you represent.
Personal Data shall be erased either upon your request, or when it is determined that the information is no longer required for the maintenance of business relationships.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data held is accurate.
If you are aware of a change that needs to be made to the information we hold please inform us and we will update the information.
GDPR provides certain rights to protect Personal Data, these include the right to:
All Personal Data held by us has been provided to us to facilitate the maintenance of business relationships.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Our current assessment of the intrusiveness of the cookies used by our website (www.barumanddewar.com) is as follows:
In addition to our first-party cookies, you may be served one or more of the following third-party cookies during your visit to our website. We use a variety of widely-used third-party plugins as marketing tools for our own business and to provide convenience tools for our visitors. In our belief the use of these plugins represents current "best practice". We have no direct control over the content of the cookies they create, the use made of any data collected, or the security of that data. These third parties may collect information about your visit to our website, and they may use this with other data in order to serve advertising which may be more relevant to you. Some visitors may see this use of data as intrusive to some degree.
Third party cookies are cookies created by an external service when you use a page on our website. These cookies are specific to the third-party's domain and accordingly the data held in them can be seen and managed by the third party and not by us. We control whether or not we use the third-party service with our website, and how it is integrated and presented on our website. We do not have control over the cookies themselves.
First-party Cookies stored by Barum and Dewar Limited
- Cookie: CraftSessionId
- USAGE: This is the websites content system cookie and is present to help you navigate and to store any preferences set during the visit.
- EXPIRES: End of session
First-party Cookies stored by Google Analytics
- Cookie: __utma
- USAGE: This Google Analytics cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits your site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
- EXPIRES: 2 years from date set/update
- Cookie: __utmb
- USAGE: This Google Analytics cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When a user views a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on your site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on your site for longer than 30 minutes.
- EXPIRES: 30 minutes from date set/update
- Cookie: __utmc
- USAGE: The Google Analytics cookies is used for tracking. ga.js uses two cookies to establish a session. If either of these two cookies are absent, further activity by the user initiates the start of a new session.
- EXPIRES: End of session
- Cookie: __utmz
- USAGE: This Google Analytics cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.
- EXPIRES: 6 months from date set/update
We don't share the data that Google Analytics collects, and we don't believe that our use of Google Analytics is privacy-intrusive. We use the data that is collected in the following ways:
- to report, in aggregate, how our visitors find and use our website;
- to understand overall visitor behaviour; and
- to inform how we update and improve our website.
To opt out of our use of Google Analytics you may wish to consider using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Third-party Cookies stored by Google
- Cookie: SID, APISID, HSID, SAPISID, SSID, NID, PREF, ULS
- USAGE: These Google cookies are all typically written to the browser upon the loading of Google Maps, Street View and YouTube videos.
- EXPIRES: Range from End of session to 2 years
Visit the following link for further information of the cookies which Google Analytics use:
Visit the following link to learn about how to reject or delete cookies by Google:
We believe there is no reason for our website visitors to be particularly concerned about the privacy implications of any of the cookies we use, but we do recognise the importance of making you aware of the purpose and scope of the data stored in the cookies which are created or updated on your computer when you visit our website. You may choose to delete these cookies from your computer between visits to our website.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Sites
Barum and Dewar Limited has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.